Wednesday 7 May 2014

My Easter Does Not Look Right!

My best friend moved to Europe recently. She arrived the week of Easter in Madrid and stumbled across a rather odd parade. Image

At first she was a little worried looking at the costumes, they resembled the all to familiar KKK. She was wrong this was an Easter parade in Spain.Image

Unlike the white masks of KKK the white masks covering the face demonstrates a sign of mourning for the death of Christ. This tradition was long in place before the KKK. It's sad that recent history/politics/pop culture has created this confusion of imagery.

 

 

One of my closest family friendsImage, on the other hand is Greek. Having visited Greece last year on my travels with my parents, she sent me this.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~


This was my Easter. An Australian BBQ, Bar staff party drinking session.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment